There are currently others playing on play.levaniamc.net

Ciphbaes Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by ciphbae, Jul 31, 2017.

1. ciphbae

ciphbae Member

Please state your in-game name:Ciphbae
    How old are you?:I am currently 16 years of age, turning 17 in the upcoming months
    What's your timezone?:Central Time Zone

Up to how many hours can you contribute a day?: 6 hours on a daily basis on weekdays after I am done working and on weekends I can play for more than 10 hours after I am done work.
    Are you familiar with our server/forum rules?:Yes, I personally have a clear understanding of both server/forum rules.I have read through them thoroughly
    Do you have Skype?:Yes, I do have a skype account which I am very inactive on it because I use discord more
    Past experiences as staff [Optional]: I have many past experiences of being staff a member. I have helped many servers get rid of hackers; keep the toxicity at a minimum. I have also helped friend’s dev. servers long ago but they are shut down due to loss of players and inactivity. I was going to get staff on many other servers but they all had problems which included: Server was dead, financial issues or the server had nothing to do because it was so boring and that is why I quit servers so fast. I have also been Builder rank on servers but I don’t think that is past experience but I can build exquisite structures in a long period of time. The last server I applied for I had high chance of getting the position I applied for, but I was inactive because the server was slowly dying, due to the staff team being inactive. That is all experience I have to share with you and I hope if I ever apply for another server I can add your server to my past experiences.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details: I have been banned for abusing glitches, abusing factions, advertising, been perm muted because of my constant spam of L or WEEWOO.I have been muted on servers for being racist but, I have learned from my mistakes not to do it again because the next time I am racist I will have a bigger punishment. Every player has been punished on a server if they haven't they're lying or just a goodie two shoes.
    Why choose you over the other applicants? [For this response, we expect a minimum of 2 paragraphs]:
    How would you benefit Levania?:
    If I was in your shoes, I would be looking for an active, friendly, well experienced, mature, well-educated with grammar and punctuation, and someone that could handle situations that most people couldn't handle. I am that type of factions player who loves to greet new players that join our server, gg players if they win something good from the crates or even purchase something from the buycraft. I like playing on servers that have a lot of competition involved whether it's pvp,baltop or ftop. My goal when I am staff member is for players to tell their friends on how great our server was and how good the staff team was so, In the future our population will keep expanding and will become more popular within time. Also I like making polls on the forums for what we should add to server to make it better and more entertaining to players within the community.

I can bring a lot of things to Levania that I think are really beneficial. I want to start with me having a really relaxed schedule, because school is finished and summer is here!! I'm also really hard working which means I always try my best to live up to my expectations as well as develop myself as a Person and Player. Another thing is that I consider myself to be really professional and friendly person which is important as a Staff Member, I usually never get into arguments or fights with players, and I know how what to do/how to react in difficult situations and I always make sure to remain calm even when someone tries to purposely provoke someone. I'm also really open to criticism and feedback from other Player or Staff and I always try to learn from my mistakes so I can avoid them in the future, another factor that makes me feel like I'm a good fit for the position is the fact that I will do and almost prefer to do that so that other higher staff members don’t have to waste their time doing, and instead could be doing something more important. For example, tedious work; assisting new players who have absolutely no clue in regards to how to utilize the server's functions. I pride myself on being able to help those who need help, quickly and efficiently. I'm masterful in terms of my abilities to fully make use of the basic essentials permissions, of which I will most likely be using as a staff member. Whether it's /tempmute or /vanish, I know almost everything - and if something that I'm currently unaware of has been implemented to essentials in recent months, I will have no trouble relearning my skills.

A player is spamming the chat, what would you do?: If a certain individual was spamming the chat with [item] or even repeating the same message over and over again I would warn the individual asking for them to stop and if they continued after the warning I would mute the individual for 15 mins. If the player was still spamming and didn't learn the lesson, I would /tempmute the player for 30 mins and would keep adding 15 mins to the mute if the player continued. Say the player reached 1 hour for a temp mute after several temp mutes and now the player is on his 5th offense, I would temp mute the player for 12 hours.
    A player is advertising an ip to his server, what would you do?: If a player was advertising the ip to his server, I would clear chat first then I would perm mute him for advertising.
    Two players are fighting in chat, What would you do?: If two players were fighting in chat and calling each other informal/unprofessional names I would ask them to stop as a verbal warning instead of doing ./warn and if they continue I will ./warn the two individuals. Also chat fighting in factions is normal because without trash talking/name calling factions would be very boring in my honest opinion.
    A player told you to kill yourself, What would you do?: If a player told me to kill myself, I will give the individual a warning and he spammed in private message I would temp mute for 15 mins for "suicidal encouragement"
    A player is telling you that a player is hacking, What would you do?: If a player was complaining a lot about another player hacking, I would ./vanish and would spectate is unusual movements to see if he is hacking. If i catch him I will ./freeze and ask the player to share screens with him. If he is using the client while he is playing in game I will ban him with video proof.
    A player is threatening to undertake a DDoS towards the server if they are not given OP or staff, what do you do?: If a player does that, I will ban him straight and will ask admins for help as soon as possible to see what we can do to try and prevent it from happening.

Any additional information you'd like to share?:

I'm interested in becoming a staff member on this server for two primary reasons. First and foremost, I'm inclined to do what I can to help out on networks that I enjoy playing on, such as Levania. I want to become a staff member so that I can assist the common players in enjoying their experience on the network by preventing disobedience to the rules. Primarily, that's the biggest motive behind me writing this application. Secondarily, I want to do what I can to influence the server in the best ways possible - I want to make sure that Levania remains a functioning, enjoyable server, and hopefully, being a staff member will enable me to do so.

I like to think that I am a very mature person rating myself at a fair 8.5/10, this is because I try my best to avoid arguments, and I'm not easily provoked, I also do not like to take my anger out on other people, or blame someone just because I do not like them I like to describe myself in these three traits to better understand me and my maturity.

[Strength] - I think that my greatest strength is the fluency and the ability to help a person by daring towards him/her. This is one of my best strengths. I love helping people as I hate when a person is in a bad mood/Confused, that is why I do everything I can to resolve his/her problem and help this person. I am not shy person, I have learned how to move forwards and to forge ahead, and, more than everything, to overcome my shyness and my fear to talk with people who may not understand me when I try to express myself. Therefore, I always help someone when he/she is in need of help.

[Responsibility] - I am a very responsible person, who has a lot of passion for Levania, I accept personal, relational, career, community, and societal obligations even when they are difficult or uncomfortable. You follow through on commitments and proactively create or accept accountability for your behavior and choices.

[Self-Discipline] - I am able, through good habits or willpower, to overcome your desires or feelings in order to follow the best course of action or to rise to your commitments or principles. You have a strong sense of self-control in order to reach a desired goal, which would be to keep Levania a great server, and a great environment for new and veteran players.

Hope you enjoy :) <3

#1 ciphbae, Jul 31, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  2. MemeWarrior

MemeWarrior New Member

You skipped a question :3

3. ciphbae

ciphbae Member

i didnt tho.... but thanks for the feed back <3

4. Tyranitars

Tyranitars New Member

One of the few people that actually sat down and wrote a decent amount about their application. Only thing I see here is that some of the things you mention in the additional information section could easily be given as answers to the other questions. Other than that everything is fine!

Good luck +1

5. ciphbae

ciphbae Member

Thank you for the positive feedback :D <3

6. __Akari__

__Akari__ New Member

TBH i laughed at the "Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details:" part lmao but Its great to know you were very honest! +1

7. ciphbae

ciphbae Member

xD cracks me up every time too my man LOL

__Akari__ likes this.
  8. FzG

FzG GANGMEMBER
    Mod

+1, Detail, and activity.
    Although I would go through and check for spelling mistakes, there were quite a few.

ciphbae likes this.
  9. ciphbae

ciphbae Member

Alright thank you, I'll try harder for next time :). Thank you for the feedback

10. OGkillakush

OGkillakush New Member

Amazing application, you are very friendly. Wish the best of luck man +1

ciphbae likes this.
  11. ciphbae

ciphbae Member

thanks babe

12. AidanWal

AidanWal Member

Amazing application, I honestly cant see you not getting staff :)

ciphbae likes this.
  13. ciphbae

ciphbae Member

thanks for the support :D <3

14. Aquilliance

Aquilliance New Member

Why choose you over the other applicants? [For this response, we expect a minimum of 2 paragraphs]:
    How would you benefit Levania?:
    If I was in your shoes, I would be looking for an active, friendly, well experienced, mature, well-educated with grammar and punctuation, and someone that could handle situations that most people couldn't handle. I am that type of factions player who loves to greet new players that join our server, gg players if they win something good from the crates or even purchase something from the buycraft. I like playing on servers that have a lot of competition involved whether it's pvp,baltop or ftop. My goal when I am staff member is for players to tell their friends on how great our server was and how good the staff team was so, In the future our population will keep expanding and will become more popular within time. Also I like making polls on the forums for what we should add to server to make it better and more entertaining to players within the community.

i believe you forgot to answer the "why choose you over other applicants" even though i believe you answered that quite well in the next one. it is overall a great application regards the way you have "skipped" a question.

15. ciphbae

ciphbae Member

thanks for the feedback man, much appreciated!

16. Ocarinas

Ocarinas New Member

Decent application.

Good luck to you my friend

OGkillakush likes this.
  17. Aquilliance

Aquilliance New Member

you seem quite toxic in chat sometimes and because of that i believe having you on the staff team would make the server "look worse" as they would have a toxic staff team/some toxic staff members.

18. ciphbae

ciphbae Member

who tf are you LOL